After a frigid Twin Cities winter, your air conditioner is likely the last thing on your mind (understandably). However, as all of St. Paul knows, temperatures start to rise quickly come spring, and it won’t be long after the last thaw that you turn to your AC unit for a little relief.
But if you haven’t invested in annual AC maintenance, the long period of underuse followed by near-constant reliance on the AC can propel your air conditioning system into an overdrive it’s not prepared for. (Kind of like how many of us lamented being out of shape the first time we had to shovel snow this December.)
Stay Cool and Keep Your AC Operational – Have HomeWorks Inspect Your System
Annual AC maintenance timed in preparation for the warmer spring weather will help to identify small issues before they require expensive repairs. Preventive maintenance also leads to fewer surprise breakdowns, increased energy efficiency, and longer overall system service life.
Here at HomeWorks, our expert AC technicians offer an in-depth AC inspection service, which includes:
- Checking the blower motor
- Checking all system coils
- Ensuring proper amperage and voltage
- Lubricating the AC motor
- Tightening any loose electrical connections
- Running an AC cycle to inspect operation
- Checking controls and safety devices
- Looking for leaks in the ductwork
- And more!
If we find any issues, we’ll walk you through your repair or replacement options without dancing around the quote. You’ll leave the conversation knowing exactly what the problem is, what the possible solutions are, and how much each solution will cost.
Benefits of Regular AC Maintenance
You might be tempted to put off spring AC maintenance. After all, other seasonal chores like planting spring flowers are more fun. But the benefits of regular maintenance will last far longer than those beautiful blooms. Keeping up with annual AC maintenance has these benefits:
- Catches small issues before they grow into larger (more expensive) ones
- Tightens and lubricates system components so everything works at maximum efficiency
- Keeps your warranty valid (many require annual maintenance to stay compliant)
- Gives you peace of mind that your AC has gotten a clean bill of health and will serve you well for another summer