Boiler Replacements in St. Paul
Get the Service You Need; Call HomeWorks in the Twin Cities Today!
Dealing with a blown-out boiler in the middle of a freezing Minnesota night is a situation straight out of any homeowner’s nightmares. When you depend on your boiler to provide your home with comforting warmth, the last thing you want to deal with is having to face winter without having it to keep your home warm and comfortable.
At HomeWorks, we understand how important it is to get your boiler fixed and working again as soon as possible, even if that means getting an entirely new one installed. Our team of highly trained and fully licensed professional technicians can outfit your home with a new, state-of-the-art boiler that’s energy-efficient and will keep your home warm all winter long.
Available 24/7 for Our Customers
At HomeWorks, we take pride in being the name customers trust throughout the Twin Cities. When something goes wrong with your heating system in the middle of winter, your emergency becomes our emergency, and we make it a point to treat it as such. We respond quickly to calls, offering same-day services and even 24/7 availability for those emergencies that happen in the middle of the night.
However, we also believe in being honest with our customers and treating them how they should be treated. We believe in upfront and transparent pricing so there are no surprises at the end, and we never try to upsell you on services our professional team doesn’t genuinely believe you need. And to give you the confidence the job will be done right, we back our service up with a total 100% satisfaction guarantee—you’ll be happy, or we’ll do what it takes to make sure you are.
Call HomeWorks at 651-273-2450 now to request a quote or get the service you need for your boiler! Based in Eagan, we serve the entire Twin Cities area.
Do I Need to Replace My Boiler?
One of the most common questions we receive is whether or not you actually have to replace your boiler or if it can be repaired. The answer isn’t always straightforward, and the only way you can really know for sure is to have your boiler system inspected by a St. Paul boiler professional with experience and knowledge. Generally, the two most prominent factors are the type of breakdown you’re experiencing and your system’s age: generally the older your system and the more serious the breakdown, the more likely it is you’ll need to replace your system.
Why might you need to replace your boiler?
- Your pilot light has become completely unreliable
- Your boiler itself is leaking water
- Your boiler unexpectedly shuts down frequently
- Your boiler is making a lot of extra noise
- Your boiler has low pressure in your water lines
We Care for Your Safety
A boiler that isn’t working properly is more than just a headache you have to deal with—it’s also a serious safety issue. For one, dealing with winter weather without a heat source in your home can be potentially dangerous for you and your family, resulting in sickness and illness. Likewise, a leaking boiler can send hot water and steam into your home, which can cause serious burns. And the leaked water could damage your home or even cause mold to take root and spread.
Contact HomeWorks today and let us help you outfit your home with a brand-new, heat-providing boiler so you can stay healthy and comfortable this winter!
Some of the frequently asked questions we receive about boiler replacement include:
Can I replace my boiler myself?
We love DIYers (do-it-yourselfers) because they make informed decisions. But the best DIYers know when to call a professional. You should never attempt any gas or electric appliance installation. Not only is it not worth the risk, but if any damages occurred later, your insurance company could deny coverage if your boiler system wasn’t professionally installed.
How much does it cost to replace a boiler?
The average 2020 cost to replace a boiler:
- Cast iron – $5,000 -$12,000 for an average of $7,500
- High efficiency, condensing – $9,000-$15,000 for an average of $11,500
The cost of a boiler replacement (aka “retrofit”) depends on:
- If the boiler is used to generate hot water
- If there’s an existing chimney and if the chimney needs work
- If you’re converting fuel source (example: oil-to-gas conversion)
- Property age (older, stone foundations, low ceilings, etc.)
- Property square footage
- Type of hydronic system
- Where it’s located in your home/commercial property
What is the average life span of a boiler?
Much depends on professional HVAC maintenance and “pride of ownership.” The average life span of a boiler is 10-15 years.
When should a boiler be replaced?
Signs it’s time to replace your boiler include:
- Age – Even if it’s running like a top, if your boiler is over 13 years old, you’ll need an upgrade sooner rather than later. Keep an eye on its health and have a plan for replacement.
- Corrosion – Visible corrosion is a clue you’ll need boiler repair or replacement soon.
- Frequent repairs – At some point, it’s more cost-effective to replace your boiler than to keep shelling out for temporary fixes.
- Leak – Visible pooling or moisture can indicate a serious problem.
- Noise – Noises indicate broken parts, leaks, a pressure problem, or some kind of clog/blockage. You need to shut your system down and seek boiler service as soon as possible.
- Reduced efficiency – If it takes more fuel to deliver the same comfort, you’re likely going to need a boiler replacement soon.
- Too cold/too hot – If employees or family are complaining of discomfort no matter how many times you adjust the thermostat, you need a boiler service call.
You shouldn’t sacrifice comfort any longer than necessary. That’s why we offer same-day service. We also offer free cost estimates on boiler replacements. When it’s time for a boiler replacement, you can depend on us for quality, guaranteed work at affordable pricing. Call 651-273-2450 or contact HomeWorks to learn more.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING